Guernsey Mind’s vision is of a society that has a positive attitude towards mental wellbeing and where the community embraces respect for all. It campaigns locally to improve services, raise awareness and encourage understanding.
- Focus on getting enough sleep, exercising, eating well and meeting friends and family.
- Practice some self-compassion – be assertive, do little things that make you happy often, ask for help.
- Get involved with the ‘Team Talk’ campaign which aims to promote positive mental health in sport.
- Follow Guernsey Mind on social media; comment and share on Facebook and comment, retweet on Twitter @GuernseyMind.
- Join one of our Community groups such as the Hope Singers and ‘Walk and Talk.’
- Sign our Charter and make a commitment to working towards becoming a Mindful Employer.
- Introduce a mental health and wellbeing policy.
- Encourage training for managers in how to manage mental health in the workplace, have conversations around mental health and support employees to stay in work.
- Provide mental health awareness training for staff so everyone can identify the signs of poor mental health and know where to get help and support.
- Train Mental Health First Aiders at work, so you have people on your team trained to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.