A decision on 2019 Accessible Christmas has not been made yet, please watch this space
In 2018, partnering with St Peter Port Christmas Lights and many town businesses we launched the first ever Accessible Christmas lights and shopping evening, on Monday 3rd December, 5:30-7:30pm. This was two days after the Christmas Lights switch on (Saturday 1st December) and aimed to provide a more accessible environment for all.
There was a wide variety of entertainment for all, refreshments, shopping options, more accessible parking and of course the Christmas tree and lights.
The focus for the evening was be Market Square where entertainment was provided by a variety of bands and performers. Stalls of food and Christmas produce will be available.
The entertainment area was generously sponsored by Sure Community Foundation and includes:
The children’s activities area was generously sponsored by Butterfield Bank and includes:
- Inner Market children’s zone with Santa, stalls and games – see our stall page at https://matter.gg/accessible-town-2019/stall-information/
- quiet zone activities at the Guille-Alles library
Improved accessibility includes:
- Extra blue badge and mini bus parking (thank you to Environment & Infrastructure for their support)
- more toilets and better use of the Community Toilet scheme
- tips for businesses – videos, Hints and Tips sheets and many resources
- training for the businesses – Hidden Disability lanyard scheme, Dementia Friends, Guernsey Employment Trust
Please contact the project lead Karen on Karen@matter.gg with any queries